Reginasaurus.net
  • Go Back
renaissancebtch

Far album trailer???

I swear to GOD there was a short promo video for far like survival guide to soviet kitsch. Maybe it went down with the other site but surely it’s out there somewhere?? It had clips of Two Birds and One More Time With Feeling in it. Anyone know what I’m talking about?? I found it once or twice years ago and can’t find it

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:25 PM, renaissancebtch said:

I swear to GOD there was a short promo video for far like survival guide to soviet kitsch. Maybe it went down with the other site but surely it’s out there somewhere?? It had clips of Two Birds and One More Time With Feeling in it. Anyone know what I’m talking about?? I found it once or twice years ago and can’t find it

I've heard about this... I think @Noah might know more about it

@renaissancebtch I just spoke to @Noah and he is going to send a sizzle reel promo video from Far. However, there exists a video created by Adria Petty (director of many regina vids) from the Far promo cycle. Here is more information on that VIA https://www.jefflynnesongs.com/jlvids/

There was an EPK produced to promote Regina Spektor's 2009 Far album, containing several Jeff Lynne produced songs. The production starts with audio plays of Two Birds and Machine (no Jeff relation) while various cartoon animations of the Far artwork introduce the EPK. This is followed by simple song sample previews of all songs on the album (including all the Jeff Lynne produced songs), showing simply the album cover for all songs that did not have music videos prepared. It ends with encouragement to buy the album on its June 23rd release, promoting her website and several press photos of Regina.

Regina Spektor Far EPK #2

A second EPK of sorts was also produced for Reginal Spektor's Far album. This one was produced by Adria Petty (Tom Petty's daughter) and is in the form of a short 11 minute film. It starts with a short bit showing Regina messing about on a tiny keyboard, then features short, incomplete music video type footage for the songs Blue Lips (Jeff produced), Dance Anthem Of The 80'sGenius Next Door (Jeff produced), MachineTwo Birds, and Man Of A Thousand Faces. It ends with a return to Regina on the keyboard from the beginning and fades. Not once does it mention the Far album or have any text to define what it is. Because of this, it is thought that it is not truly an EPK used by the record company in any way, but rather an art film by Adria, who was a friend of Regina. It only appeared on Adria's website.

These videos are currently missing, but i am digging on web.archive.org to see what i can come up with.

I remember reading a large thread about these videos on brumstix but I cannot find that. If anyone knows where that thread is please send it my way!

2 hours ago, Jacob Prince said:

@renaissancebtch I just spoke to @Noah and he is going to send a sizzle reel promo video from Far. However, there exists a video created by Adria Petty (director of many regina vids) from the Far promo cycle. Here is more information on that VIA https://www.jefflynnesongs.com/jlvids/

These videos are currently missing, but i am digging on web.archive.org to see what i can come up with.

I remember reading a large thread about these videos on brumstix but I cannot find that. If anyone knows where that thread is please send it my way!

THANK YOU yes the Adria Petty film is what I’m looking for thank you!!!! Oh man I was starting to think I hallucinated that

• Like 1